learning, E-Learning and part time education. from GaramChai.com
Articles on Distance Education
Education: Growth and Diversity: Distance education
is becoming increasingly popular as economic forces
encourage, and new technologies facilitate, its spread.
What advantages does it offer, and what should course
providers consider before embarking on new ventures?
IMF.org: World Bank Report
an Online Learning Environment Right For Me?
Here is a quiz from the New School Online University
which is designed to help you decide whether online
learning is a good choice for you in the pursuit of
your educational goals. The results of your self-assessment
will be displayed for you as soon as you complete
the questionnaire. Check
it out: about.com
Open Window: Putting course materials online,
the university faces high expectations. The lecture
notes for a software-engineering course were the draw
for David Mitchell, a professional programmer. They
looked terrific. Before long, Mr. Mitchell had organized
a study group around the notes and other information
about the course, which he found on the Massachusetts
Institute of Technology's OpenCourseWare Web site....
Chronicle Also check out : US
university offers free web courses
eLearning will contribute significantly to the
overall eLearning spending as governments across the
region look to eLearning as a means to bridge the
digital divide. By 2005-2006, IDC expects non-IT eLearning
(vertical industry specific, function-specific and
softskills) in the more matured Australian eLearning
industry to be on par with IT eLearning.
students return home from US
- Until not long ago, there was much ado about bright
Indian students leaving the country to gain an education
and pursue their careers abroad, draining India of
her most productive resources. But things seem to
be changing now. While the flow of students waiting
to gain their higher education in the US or UK has
not ebbed, there is definitely an undercurrent developing
of Indian students abroad wanting to get back to India.
Choose the United States of America?
- There are more than 4,000 public and private colleges,
universities, and community colleges in the United
States, including over 600 public four-year colleges and universities and over 1,650 private four-year
colleges and universities. These traditional colleges
and universities enrol nearly 15 million students.
In addition more than 6,250 other non-collegiate postsecondary
institutions offer specialised vocational and technical
training. You will find a size that fits you best,
whether it is a small private institution with an
enrolment of only several hundred students or a large
state college or university system with tens of thousands
to Distance education
Articles on Part-Time Degree Courses
increasing number of Indians in the United States,
especially those on H1 visas, are realising the value
of pursuing an American degree along with their professional
careers, points out the author - Express
Articles on Online Education
by working professionals, distance education has been
a lucrative niche segment in the educational industry.
American varsities are now targeting Indian students,
but is an online foreign degree really worth it, asks
Mohan Babu [Express
- Ask a College : As a former international student from India, I have created a new website called AskACollege.com. Too often, our questions as prospective students get ignored because admissions officials are busy or don't have the answer to our question. Well, we are changing all that. Future students from India just need to post their question on our website and we will make sure that the admissions office replies to that question. Cool isn't it? Browse annual rankings, find your ideal school, and then get all the details you need to get in. - Harsha Raghavan
Browse annual rankings, find your ideal school,
and then get all the details you need to get in.
Chronicle of Higher Education
About.com Online MBAs - What You need to know before
in the USA
Courses from Universities
Notable MOOC providers:
- Mogul:Mogul is a technology platform that enables women worldwide to connect, share information, and access knowledge from each other. It was founded in 2014 by Tiffany Pham.
- NPTEL: The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), a project funded by the Indian Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), provides e-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Management and Humanities. This is a joint initiative by seven IITs and IISc Bangalore. Other selected premier institutions also act as Associate Partner Institutions.
- Khan Academy: a non-profit eucational organization created in 2006 by educator Salman "Sal" Khan with the aim of providing a "free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere". The organization produces short lectures in the form of YouTube videos. In addition to micro lectures, the organization's website features practice exercises and tools for educators. All resources are available for free to anyone around the world. The main language of the website is English, but the content is also available in other languages.
- Stanford Online: Stanford Online is an educational initiative launched by Stanford University which offers a variety of professional education opportunities
- Coursera: Coursera is a venture-backed, for-profit, educational technology company that offers massive open online courses (MOOCs).
- Udacity: Udacity is a for-profit educational organization founded by Sebastian Thrun, David Stavens, and Mike Sokolsky offering massive open online courses (MOOCs)
Programs and Courses from Boston University
OpenCourseWare project holds great promise for motivated
Groups and Discussion Forums on Education and admissions
University Of Minnesota's Indian Student Association Yahoo
Group with over 700 members
San Francisco State University's Indian Student
Association's Social Yahoo Group
Group formed by the Indian Student Association @ Utah
Indian Student Association At Southern Illinois University
of an Indian film student in the US
Namarata Tandon won first Place in the College Television
Awards (which are populary called the Student
Emmys in the US). For more Details
Note: Page last updated: Aug 2016